It’s Hip to be Square

nineteen squares
31 Blessington Street
St Kilda, Victoria, Australia
open: Mon-Fri 630am-5pm, Sat-Sun 730am-5pm
+61 3 8598 9919

SUMMARY RATING
highchair: N
change table: N
friendly enough?4/5
fast enough? 5/5
pram friendly?NA (outside only)

Here’s a question asked of me recently: Does St Kilda actually need another café?

Well, yes, especially if you want a good, unique café with an environment that is not yet another over-slicked, large vacuous space of bad food, badly-made coffee and transient service that screams, ‘I am in St Kilda, look at me you fool!’

This little place on Blessington Street is cute and almost miss-able. When I visited, there was a table of mothers and prams, so I felt right at home with little man waiting for a girlfriend who was childfree for the day, which given the availability of space, may have been a blessing.

OK it is pretty small, so if you wanted to go inside, I am not sure that would work with a pram and probably your little one would have to be either (a) older or (b) more chilled than mine. But the day was beautiful so outside was perfect for us and ideal for people and dog watching.

Neither of us drink coffee and there is no chai, but the hot choc was lovely and while it was just a quick break (and I forgot my wallet) the food looked good, but we didn’t indulge. This leaves it open for me to come back and I was told that they will be opening nights soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment