Ahoy Matey

LIttle Captain
353 Inkerman Street
St Kilda East, Victoria, Australia
+61 3 9527 5207
Open: Mon-Fri 7.30am-4pm(ish), Sat-Sun 8am-4pm(ish)

SUMMARY RATING
highchair: N
change table: N
friendly enough?4/5
fast enough? 4/5
pram friendly? NA (there are only a few outside tables, but it is next to the park)

I am currently on a quest to find cafe attached to parks. Spring is springing and so is the little man, so my logic is muesli then monkey bars.

Little Captain ticks my boxes for me. We did a weekend breakfast and I have subsequently re-tested it for takeaway with a friend and her child. Both times: tick, tick.

It is tiny but they seem to do it all very well. The décor is eclectic and I loved the ‘made in Tunisia’ tins for the sugar sticks. It has the used and comfy charm about it.

There is a tiny but well-thought out menu based on pide sandwiches and mini bagels. My husband calls the coffee ‘smooth’ – this I think is a good thing, and my chai was actually perfect.

Little man loved it. He loved the baby chino (a very nice and frothy one), he loved the little girl sitting next to us and he loved his raspberry muffin. But most of all, he loved it when we got our takeaway second coffees and toddled off to the park next door.

1 comment:

  1. Hey this was a good call.
    I went there this morning. It gets full though with only a few people but we were early enough to get a seat.
    Also took the advice to tire out my 16 month old. I knew the park but never went to the cafe.

    ReplyDelete