A Bit of the High Life

Street Talk Café
710 High Street
East Prahran, Victoria, Australia
+61 3 9509 9687
open Mon-Sat 8am-3.30pm

SUMMARY RATING
highchair: N
change table: N
friendly enough? 3/5
fast enough? 4/5
pram friendly? 2.5/5

An interesting and eclectic décor of Asian kitsch with a mouth-watering display of home-cooked goodies makes this a popular local hangout. Food is generous in servings, very reasonably priced, delicious and combines standard café fare with some Asian inspired twists. Inside there are a number of table that are possibly too close for pram comfort, and out on the street front, there are only a few tables.

So, it was with excitement that I heard that they opened up a rear courtyard. This gives large table areas and access via a rear laneway. Perfect for prams. Now I could easily bring my pram and meet friends with theirs for lunch. All seemed perfect that is, until I arrived with said friend also with pram, only to be left in the laneway because the staff couldn’t open the gate!

I am sure that this temporary loss of organization was an anomaly and I look forward to trying again…


No comments:

Post a Comment